Important Deadlines, Dates & Information
August 17, 2016: Early Bird Registration opens
February 8, 2017: Early Bird Registration ends
February 9, 2017: 1st Registration Increase
May 1, 2017: Last Day of 100% Refunds (for any reason)
May 2, 2017: 2nd Registration Increase
May 11, 2017: Last Day of Replacements (any gender)
May 17, 2017: Last Day for U.S. Visa requests
May 24, 2017: Last Day of Replacements (same gender)
May 24, 2017: Last Day of 50% Refunds (for any reason)
May 27, 2017: Last Day for Roommate request
May 27, 2017: Registration Closes for all Packages
June 12, 2017: Last day to purchase tickets for Pre-Conference Dinner & Smartrip card (WMATA)
June 16, 2017: (Pre-Conference)
June 16, 2017: Pre-Conference Dinner (Pre-Conference)
June 17, 2017: Conference Opens at 7:30pm – Embassy Dinner
June 17-22, 2017: RYLA North America Conference
June 22, 2017: Conference Ends at 12:30pm
June 22, 2017: Post-Conference
June 23, 2017: Post-Conference
* Conference begins at 7:30pm on Saturday, June 17, 2017 and ends at 12:30pm on Thursday, June 22, 2017.
1. Registration Packages
Package A for USD $450.00
Package A includes a) Five night stay at George Washington University in Washington, DC [June 17, June 18, June 19, June 20 & June 21 – checking out on June 22, b) Program materials, c) Conference t-shirt, bag, RYLA NA pin & Conference materials, d) Meals as follow – [Dinner on June 17, June 18 and June 19], [Breakfast on June 18, June 19, June 20, June 21 and June 22],[Lunch on June 18, June 20 and June 21], e) Admission to Embassy dinners and/or Embassy lunches, f) Dinner & Dance Gala on June 21 and g) Admission to special events. Delegates will be in a room with 3-4 other conference delegates (same gender) and all rooms are air-conditioned. The rooms come with pillows, linen, blankets, and towels. All rooms are equipped with free wifi, refrigerators and microwaves.
Package B for USD $530.00
Package B includes a) Seven night stay at George Washington University in Washington, DC [June 16, June 17, June 18, June 19, June 20, July 21 & June 22 – checking out on June 23], b) Program materials, c) Conference t-shirt, bag, RYLA NA pin & Conference materials, d) Meals as follow – [Dinner on June 17, June 18 and June 19], [Breakfast on June 18, June 19, June 20, June 21 and June 22],[Lunch on June 18, June 20 and June 21], e) Admission to Embassy dinners and/or Embassy lunches, f) Dinner & Dance Gala on June 21 and g) Admission to special events. Delegates will be in a room with 3-4 other conference delegates (same gender) and all rooms are air-conditioned. The rooms come with pillows, linen, blankets, and towels. All rooms are equipped with free wifi, refrigerators and microwaves.
Key for tables above:
Y = included and is part of your registration package.
Y/N* = optional and is an additional cost. To register, please register at “Supplemental Registration.”
N = not included in your registration package.
3. Supplemental Registration is for the optional pre-conference Embassy Dinner that will be held on June 16, 2017 and/or Smartrip Metro Card that can be used for the subway. This registration ends on June 2, 2017.
4. Pre-Conference Dinner is planned for June 16 at 7:30pm at an area embassy for USD $25.00. This includes dinner and program materials. This is optional for conference delegates arriving on July 18. You may find this option under “Supplemental Registration.”
5. Smartrip card (WMATA/Metro) for purchase can be purchased for a cost of USD $10.00 with (USD $8.00 in value and USD $2.00 for the Smartrip card). This card can be used throughout Washington, DC MetroRail/subway system. We will be using the metro during portions of the conference. If you plan to take the Metro from the airport to the campus upon arrival, we suggest that you purchase the Smartrip card upon arrival at the Metro station rather than through the supplemental registration.
6. Extended Stay Registration is open for delegates who originally registered for Option A, but now are interested in extending their stay on June 16 and June 22 for USD $80 per person for Quad Occupancy. Click here to register for Extended Stay.
7. Early bird for registration ends on February 8, 2017. On February 9, 2017, registration for a Package A quad room is USD $450.00. On May 2, 2017 registration for Package A quad room is USD $475.00.
8. Payment is required at the time of registration. For U.S and/or Canadian University based clubs, see details below.
9. Last day to register for the Conference is May 27, 2017
11. Refund Policy. A full [100% refund] will be issued if you cancel by May 1, 2017. A [50% refund] will be issued is you cancel by May 24, 2017. There will be no refund if you cancel after May 24, 2017. These policies will be strictly enforced for any cancellation reason including, but not limited to, visa denial, can no longer attend, personal reasons, sickness, natural disaster from departing city, connecting city and/or arrival city and any other natural disaster/acts of god, late or delayed application for a U.S. visa and/or closure of U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate – – reasons of which are beyond our control.
12. If you can no longer attend, you may find a replacement to replace your registration. Replacements must be sent to Caitlin Devaney at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 11, 2017 (any gender). After May 11, 2017, replacements must be of the same gender as you and the request must be submitted no later than May 24, 2017 (no exceptions will be made after this date). We are unable to find a replacement for you and you are responsible to find your own replacement.
13. Refund requests must be sent to Marko Zivkovic at email@example.com no later than May 1, 2017 (for 100% refunds) and by May 24, 2017 (for 50% refunds).
14. A limited number of rooms are available for conference delegates interested in a “2 person” room and/or “private rooms” (additional charges will apply). Contact Cody Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
15. A limited number of rooms are available for Rotarians and/or Club Advisors (additional charges will apply). Contact Cody Williams at email@example.com for further information.
16. You must be 18 years of age as of June 1, 2017 to attend the RYLA North America Conference.
17. The registration form is available in English, French and Spanish, you may select your preferred language at the top of the registration form.
18. The Code of Conduct filled out during registration must be filled out by yourself and not by someone else. For clubs registering multiple members, each individual club member must still out their Code of Conduct.
- Upon receipt of your registration and payment (online), you will receive an automated confirmation email with your registration number.
- Payment is required at the time of registration, and this includes those awaiting a U.S visa. In the event your visa is denied, we will refund your registration fee minus any transaction costs (if any). Your refund request must be made in writing no later than May 1, 2017 (for full 100% refunds) and by May 24, 2017 (for 50% refunds). These dates are strictly enforced.
- For those who require a visa, on the registration form there is a separate section regarding U.S. Visa requests (see Visa Information).
- For U.S. and Canadian universities, you must still fill out the online registration form. Once we receive your registration form and check, you will receive a confirmation from Cody Williams, Director of Registration. Please expect 7-10 business days for funds to clear.
- The Conference Committee reserves the right to decline a delegate’s registration without explanation and a full refund will be provided.
- The Conference Committee reserves the right to close Conference registration and Conference extended registration in the event registration for the Conference has reached capacity before the Conference deadlines. Thus early registration is strongly encouraged!
- Our experience has been that there is a great demand for Conference registration and many requests for information. We will do our best for timely response to all inquiries. But please allow us 7 – 10 days for any response.
- Please note that our committee members all work full time or are full time students, please be respectful in your correspondence and we will do our best to answer any questions that you may have.
United States and Canadian Universities
- If your club in the United States and/or Canada is required to send in a paper form with a check, please go over these important instructions. If your university will not be paying by check, you may register using the online form. Universities and/or colleges outside the United States and/or Canada using the paper version will be ignored and you must fill out the online form above.
- For all United States and Canadian universities, no paper form will be issued for 2017. Instead, you must fill out the online form and click “print” at the bottom of your form. You, your university club advisor, and/or sponsoring Rotary Club must contact Cody Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform Cody Williams of your club’s intent to send in a printed registration form. Cody will give you a “conference code” to register online and the mailing address in Raleigh, North Carolina to send the registration form and payment for the Conference. NOTE: If you send your paperwork and payment to any address other than the Raleigh, North Carolina address, we will not receive it.
- For all United States and Canadian universities, we understand that the registration process at times may take a while to be processed by your university. However, you are responsible for submitting all forms with payments by the Conference deadlines. You are strongly encouraged to begin the paperwork as early as possible as the process can take several months.
- Contact Cody Williams at email@example.com to get all needed information about registering your club members for this Conference.
Methods of Payment
- Credit Card (via the Online Registration Form).
- Check. We accept checks from United States and Canadian university-based Rotaract Clubs only. NOTE: University-Based Rotaract Clubs/University Organizations in the United States that require the U.S. tax exempt information, contact Marko Zivkovic at marko@rylanaD7620.com
Washington, DC has 3 international airports:
1) Washington Reagan National Airport (DCA)
2) Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI)
3) Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
Go to Practical Information for further information regarding travel to Washington, DC, USA
The 2017 RYLA Board can provide translation in the following languages; Arabic, French and Spanish. Need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us.
Programs, Zineb Touzani (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Registrations & U.S. Visas, Cody Williams (email@example.com)
Extended Stay, Caitlin Devaney (firstname.lastname@example.org)