Hello friends from around the world!
The RYLA North America Board invites you to several contests at the 2018 RYLA North America Conference.
RYLA North America 2019 Logo Contest
RYLA North America Conference 2019 will take place in Washington, DC, USA from July 23, 2019 to July 28, 2019.
Winner of the 2018 RYLA North America Logo Contest will receive a Free Registration Package during the 2019 Conference (July 23-28) at the conference venue in Washington, DC (accommodations only). Registration package includes accommodations, meals, program materials, admission to special events and dinners at area embassies.
1) To participate in the 2019 RYLA North America Logo Contest, you do not have to attend the 2018 RYLA North America Conference but you are encouraged to attend.
2) Contest is open to all Rotaractors and non-Rotaractors from around the world. Non-Rotaractors can be from other RI programs such as Interact, RYLA, Youth Study Exchange, Group Study Exchange, Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship Program and Rotary Peace Scholarship Program.
3) Contestants must be between the ages of 18-30 and must be 18 years of age as of August 1, 2018 to participate.
4) Winning package cannot be redeemed for cash and cannot be transferred to another year.
5) Contest is open to the RYLA North America Board Members as well as past RYLA Board Members. Should a member from the RYLA Board win the logo contest, the RYLA Board Member can give away their prize package to a member of their club, District or country to attend the 2019 Conference only.
6) If contest winner is from outside the United States, contestant must be responsible for their U.S Visa and travel to the United States. Should the contestant not be able to travel to the United States, the winner may choose another delegate to receive the free package from their club, District or country to attend the 2019 Conference only.
7) Only one logo per contestant is permitted and multiple logos from multiple members of a club, District or country are permitted.
1) You are to design the logo following the instructions below.
2) The 2019 conference logo must have the following:-
Rotary International’s (RI) “RYLA” logo. RI’s RYLA logo cannot be altered, modified or obstructed by another image or object.
b) The color of the word “Rotary” cannot be altered, modified or obstructed by another
image or object.
c) The color of the Rotary gold emblem cannot be altered, modified or obstructed by
another image or object.
d) The color of the words “RYLA” can be in a different color. However, the word
“RYLA” cannot be altered, modified or obstructed by another image or object.
- The first line will be the words “North America Conference”
- Second line will be “District 7620” and “USA”
- Third line will be “Washington, DC”
- Last line will be “July 23-28, 2019”
- Logo must appear in the same format as below.
3) Send your submission in .jpeg and .png format with minimum dimensions at 500px width by 500px height via email to Mark Rokow, Rotaract Club of American University (Washington, DC), USA at firstname.lastname@example.org and your submission must contain the following information [Full Name, Club (if any), Age, Email Address, Country and District. If you are a Non-Rotaractor, please indicate which RI program you are from]. Submissions without this information will not be considered. Please send this information via email by 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time on July 5, 2018.
1) All submissions will be considered by the 2018 RYLA North America Board.
2) All entries will be presented and voted by the conference delegates attending the 2018 RYLA North America Conference. The winning logo will be chosen on July 5, 2018.
Winner will receive a free registration (all inclusive of meals and accommodations) to attend the 2019 RYLA North America Conference in Washington, DC, USA from July 23-28, 2019 at the conference venue (accommodations only). The winning logo will also be featured on all promotional materials, website and other program materials during the 2019 RYLA North America Conference.
Disclaimer : All entries selected by the RYLA North America Board are final and the winner will be chosen on the last day of the 2018 RYLA North America Conference on Friday, July 6, 2018.
Mr. and Miss 2018 RYLA North America
The Mr. and Miss RYLA contest promotes a fun way for delegates to show their special talents, such as singing, dancing, tricks, etc., in hopes to take the crown of either Mr. or Miss RYLA North America. It is a great way for all of us to get to know those special hidden talents some of you may have. It is a fun and energized event for all. The Mr. and Miss RYLA contest takes place on July 5, 2018. This contest also includes a second crown – Mr. and Miss Congeniality that will go to the first runners up of the contest. Mr. and Miss Congeniality have the chance to win the crown not just through talent, but personality and friendliness – after all, to be congenial, is to be friendly, and have the ability to get along with all (perfect for an international conference!)
Any delegate attending the conference (non-committee members and committee members) may participate in the 2018 Mr. and Miss RYLA North America Contest. The winners for Mr. and Miss RYLA, as well as Mr. and Miss Congeniality, will be announced on July 5, 2018.
- Prepare a two-minute talent (dancing, singing, poem-reading, etc.)
- If you go over the allotted time, a special “bell” will go off to notify of the time that has run out – so it is important you stay within 2 minutes.
- In your talent, please be considerate and appropriate, practice friendliness, understanding, and inclusiveness – as encouraged throughout the program.
- To be considered for the 2018 Mr. and Miss RYLA North America contest, you must inform us by Tuesday, July 3 at 6pm ET.
- Delegates must compete in the evening wear for the theme: Red Glitz
- A group of three judges will crown the winners of the 2018 Mr. and Miss RYLA North America, and Mr. and Miss Congeniality.
For further information, contact Brittney Olaes, (Rotaract Club of Long Beach, California, USA) at email@example.com